Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ipoh Chinese Chamber Centennial Half Marathon @ 6th May




A memorable run for me as this is my first time getting 2nd prize from a race, but this is pure lucky as there is 10k bomba run in KL where most of the talented runner participate in the KL run and did not travel 3 hrs to Ipoh for this run.

I believe this is the least crowd that I have come across among all my races, and I think only total 15 to 16 women participate in the open category... thus it is very lucky for me to get 2nd prize using 1hr 48 mins. The total distance is less than 21k , someone told me is 18 or 19K... anyway, I do enjoy the prize giving and the additional income that earned from this race :)

As usual, it is enjoyable when we run around the town and able to sight see Ipoh town .. but it get tougher when we come to the highway as highway is always dry and boring that you can only a long road with many runners and have nothing to sightsee.. I only have the chance to run with the woman champion in the open category ( a indian lady from Ipoh Brooks club) & Wai Man from pacesetter on the first 3k and was running alone with a lot of runners taking over me after that :) The suffering part is after the U turn point as I already feel tired, but still able to complete the race with partially walking and running.

Will have to say thank you to Yen Erl's friend --- Hui Yen and her bf for bringing us to Ipoh for this run and enjoy the nice food in Ipoh. Tau foo fah, ipoh ho fun, nga chai gai, local biscuit,salted chicken... we will be able to enjoy all this food without them :)

No comments: