Sunday, April 15, 2007

Gunung Nuang



Have been a very crazy weekend. Weekend is always the favourite day of the week because the whole 24 hours belong to you and you can decide how to spend them ..




14th April


Gunung Nuang




Feel very happy that 11 out 18 of our KK trip members join for this hiking trip. Tony Q recommended to only hike until Kemp Pacat as Yen Erl and I are joining the orange run on Sunday. This will be my 3rd time to Nuang and I was under the impression that CT had brought us to Kemp Pacat all this while and tell my team confidently that this will be a very easy hike... hehe.. I just found out that the waterfall that we always reach is Kemp Lolo after Tony brief us on the trail before we start. Anyway, due to I have not been to Kemp Pacat before, can't really imagine how tough is it and just take it as an additional 1 or 2 hrs hike compare with previous hike and start the hiking happily.....


Maybe after the weekly training in Gasing and hiking in Bukit Datuk a few weeks ago, the hike from the beginning to Kemp Lolo was apparently a very easy hike for me and I enjoy the scenary and the chatting with Tze, Yen Erl, Ezreen :)


Once we reached Lolo, Cham start complaining and wanted to stop in Lolo. However, due to our target for today is Kemp Pacat, I refuse to let anyone stop and tell everyone must continue to hike up. hehe.. This is where the nightmare start .... from the moment where we start hiking up from Lolo , they are endless slopes and never able to see the end of it. After half an hour, we met Siok Bee and her gang coming down , my sis and I were so happy and ask them are we going to reach yet.... unluckily thier reply were " since we are not going to KK, thus we decided not to train so hard and hike up to Kemp Pacat since Kemp Pacat has no waterfall and scenary at all " . I can see the dissapointment from my sis's face at that moment. Anyway, I tell her "let's don;t think so much and continue our journey" and I also ask Siok Bee to give me a favour by not telling my teammate the truth and tell them she has reached Pacat and is going down now. :) This really works because I can hear Cham's voice from far away that "let continue since we are going to reach soon "


The road is really getting tougher when we move up and it took nearly another 1 hr to reach Pacat. I left Tze with Yen Erl and Lai Dee and hiking with Ezreen all the way up to Pacat. Tony arrived Pacat just 10 mins later and told us that all my team members do not turn back and continue to hike up. I feel so proud for them especially first time climber like Ki Woei, Jee Ing , Poh Wai, Bee Hong and Fatma. All of us successfully reach Pacat and stay until 1.45pm and start our journey down again.


Going down hill had been a tough job for most of them due to the improper shoes and insufficient training. However, the best part of hiking is once you hike up, you must get yourself down and no chance for giving up or stop in between or even think of taking a cab back :) Thus, all of us succesfully reach the bottom at 4.30pm. It has been very exciting and memorable trip for me and I hope for everyone too..


My target for next trip will be the Peak which need to another 2 hrs to hike up and even more sloppy than the trail we have been through !!

No comments: