Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Power Run


The last time I ran this road is during the last 10k of the KLIM full marathon, but had run this route multiples times in last year.. it is a sloppy , boring yet familiar route. As usual, woke up at 5am in the morning, did some warm up and strecthing and enjoy my favourite breakfast .. uncle toby bars :). Went to pick up Shirlee at Gasing around 6.30am and Yen erl around 6.45am.

Not a lot of familiar faces this round as most of runners are bored with 10k run and would want to do some serious training for the penang marathon. I think I will have to start training from next week onward , enough of 10k and should do some long distance in prepare for my 2nd full marathon in June.
I started slowly in the beginning of the run as I arrived late and did not have much time to warm up. During the run, I continously remind myself to enjoy the run and not rushing to reach the finishing point . When I hit the jalan duta , I am a bit worried as this is a long and boring road and I had suffered from here during my full marathon. Anyway, I forced myself to stay focus and keep my mind busy by thinking of a familiar song . I was staring on the road most of the time and try to forget how long is the road. Finally... I successful complete it without much walking and complete the run in 59mins. Huhu.. not a PB, but I m happy with the result :)
After the run , I went to Mid valley in the afternoon to buy the windbreaker for the KK trip. An enjoyable Sunday and I always wish every day is a Weekend . hehe, anyway... 10 more days and I will have my first long vacation in these 5 and 1/2 years... HOLIDAYS... it is like the finishing point of the run and I m so near to the finishing point but is struggling to continue to run now..

No comments: